Net Pen Testing – Providence (RI)
Businesses in Providence and across Rhode Island have become increasingly aware of the threats that ransomware and cybercriminals pose. The unfortunate reality is that the sophistication, frequency, and severity of the attacks is increasing. As an example, some newer ransomware incidents, the hacker performing the attack will both encrypt data as well as exfiltrate the data and leak it to the dark web if not paid. In other ransomware incidents the attacker will target backup systems and VMWare hypervisors, making restoring from backups much more challenging. The increasing risk calls for continuous review and updating of cybersecurity. A good first step in improving cyber security is to conduct yearly penetration tests.
Penetration Testing Experience – Providence
Keiter has provided penetration testing services to organizations in Providence and across Rhode Island for over 15 years. Our team has significant experience delivering cybersecurity solutions to companies in a variety of industries. The confluence of technical acumen with years of experience allows us to conduct detailed, high-level testing. The result is a comprehensive report that not only exposes weaknesses and areas of improvement but includes expert insights on the best way to resolve uncovered issues.
A penetration test typically involves the following steps:
- Planning and Reconnaissance: The penetration testing team researches and gathers information about the target system or network, such as IP addresses, open ports, and potential vulnerabilities.
- Scanning: The team uses specialized tools and techniques to scan the target system for vulnerabilities, such as unpatched software or misconfigured systems.
- Enumeration: The team identifies and gathers information about the target system’s configuration, user accounts, and other relevant information.
- Vulnerability Analysis: The team analyzes the vulnerabilities found during the scanning and enumeration phases to determine how they can be exploited.
- Exploitation: The team attempts to exploit the vulnerabilities to gain access to the target system or network.
- Post-Exploitation: If successful, the team may attempt to escalate privileges, move laterally through the network, or gather additional sensitive information.
- Reporting: The penetration testing team provides a detailed report that includes a description of the vulnerabilities found, the risks associated with each vulnerability, and recommendations for remediation.
Map of Providence (RI)
About Providence (RI)
Providence’s economy is characterized by a mix of sectors, including education, healthcare, finance, manufacturing, technology, and creative industries. The city is home to several renowned educational institutions, such as Brown University and the Rhode Island School of Design (RISD), which contribute to the growth of the education and research sectors. These institutions attract students, researchers, and entrepreneurs, fostering a culture of innovation and intellectual capital.
Healthcare is a significant driver of the local economy, with major hospitals and healthcare systems like Lifespan and Care New England providing a wide range of medical services and contributing to job creation. The finance sector is also strong, with several regional and community banks, credit unions, and financial institutions having a presence in Providence.
Providence has a rich history of manufacturing, with a focus on jewelry and silverware production. Although the manufacturing sector has evolved over time, there are still companies involved in manufacturing, particularly in areas such as biomedical devices, textiles, and specialty manufacturing.