Net Pen Testing – Austin (TX)
Businesses in Austin and across Texas have become increasingly aware of the threats that ransomware and cybercriminals pose. The unfortunate reality is that the sophistication, frequency, and severity of the attacks is increasing. As an example, some newer ransomware incidents, the hacker performing the attack will both encrypt data as well as exfiltrate the data and leak it to the dark web if not paid. In other ransomware incidents the attacker will target backup systems and VMWare hypervisors, making restoring from backups much more challenging. The increasing risk calls for continuous review and updating of cybersecurity. A good first step in improving cyber security is to conduct yearly penetration tests.
Penetration Testing Experience – Austin
Keiter has provided penetration testing services to organizations in Austin and across Texas for over 15 years. Our team has significant experience delivering cybersecurity solutions to companies in a variety of industries. The confluence of technical acumen with years of experience allows us to conduct detailed, high-level testing. The result is a comprehensive report that not only exposes weaknesses and areas of improvement but includes expert insights on the best way to resolve uncovered issues.
A penetration test typically involves the following steps:
- Planning and Reconnaissance: The penetration testing team researches and gathers information about the target system or network, such as IP addresses, open ports, and potential vulnerabilities.
- Scanning: The team uses specialized tools and techniques to scan the target system for vulnerabilities, such as unpatched software or misconfigured systems.
- Enumeration: The team identifies and gathers information about the target system’s configuration, user accounts, and other relevant information.
- Vulnerability Analysis: The team analyzes the vulnerabilities found during the scanning and enumeration phases to determine how they can be exploited.
- Exploitation: The team attempts to exploit the vulnerabilities to gain access to the target system or network.
- Post-Exploitation: If successful, the team may attempt to escalate privileges, move laterally through the network, or gather additional sensitive information.
- Reporting: The penetration testing team provides a detailed report that includes a description of the vulnerabilities found, the risks associated with each vulnerability, and recommendations for remediation.
Map of Austin (TX)
About Austin (TX)
Austin, Texas, often dubbed the “Live Music Capital of the World,” is more than just a haven for music enthusiasts; it’s a burgeoning epicenter of innovation, entrepreneurship, and economic dynamism. Historically anchored by a vibrant arts scene and the presence of the University of Texas, Austin’s business profile has evolved dramatically over the decades. The tech sector’s rise, in particular, has been meteoric. Attracting tech giants, startups, and talent alike, the city has earned its reputation as the “Silicon Hills.” This influx of technology enterprises, coupled with a favorable business environment, has spurred growth in sectors ranging from health tech to green energy. As a result, Austin has become a magnet for young professionals and innovators from across the nation. Yet, it’s not just tech that defines Austin. Its diverse business landscape includes flourishing sectors in film, food, and festivals. Amidst this growth, Austin retains its unique character—a blend of Texan tradition with a forward-looking, progressive spirit, making it a standout in the American business panorama.