Net Pen Testing – St. Louis (MO)
Businesses in St. Louis and across Missouri have become increasingly aware of the threats that ransomware and cybercriminals pose. The unfortunate reality is that the sophistication, frequency, and severity of the attacks is increasing. As an example, some newer ransomware incidents, the hacker performing the attack will both encrypt data as well as exfiltrate the data and leak it to the dark web if not paid. In other ransomware incidents the attacker will target backup systems and VMWare hypervisors, making restoring from backups much more challenging. The increasing risk calls for continuous review and updating of cybersecurity. A good first step in improving cyber security is to conduct yearly penetration tests.
Penetration Testing Experience – St. Louis
Keiter has provided penetration testing services to organizations in St. Louis and across Missouri for over 15 years. Our team has significant experience delivering cybersecurity solutions to companies in a variety of industries. The confluence of technical acumen with years of experience allows us to conduct detailed, high-level testing. The result is a comprehensive report that not only exposes weaknesses and areas of improvement but includes expert insights on the best way to resolve uncovered issues.
A penetration test typically involves the following steps:
- Planning and Reconnaissance: The penetration testing team researches and gathers information about the target system or network, such as IP addresses, open ports, and potential vulnerabilities.
- Scanning: The team uses specialized tools and techniques to scan the target system for vulnerabilities, such as unpatched software or misconfigured systems.
- Enumeration: The team identifies and gathers information about the target system’s configuration, user accounts, and other relevant information.
- Vulnerability Analysis: The team analyzes the vulnerabilities found during the scanning and enumeration phases to determine how they can be exploited.
- Exploitation: The team attempts to exploit the vulnerabilities to gain access to the target system or network.
- Post-Exploitation: If successful, the team may attempt to escalate privileges, move laterally through the network, or gather additional sensitive information.
- Reporting: The penetration testing team provides a detailed report that includes a description of the vulnerabilities found, the risks associated with each vulnerability, and recommendations for remediation.
Map of St. Louis (MO)
About St. Louis (MO)
Nestled in the heart of the Midwest, the St. Louis business community pulsates with a dynamic energy that is as timeless as the iconic Gateway Arch. Rooted in a storied past as a center of trade and commerce, St. Louis has embraced the winds of change, propelling itself into the forefront of diverse industries.
St. Louis has a long-standing reputation as a hub for innovation and entrepreneurship. The city’s rich history in industries such as aerospace, agriculture, manufacturing, and biotechnology has laid the foundation for a resilient and adaptive business community. Today, this heritage blends seamlessly with emerging sectors such as technology, healthcare, finance, and logistics, creating a fertile ground for businesses to thrive.
St. Louis is home to world-class educational institutions and research centers, including Washington University and the St. Louis University, that fuel the city’s innovative spirit. These institutions serve as catalysts for cutting-edge research, technological advancements, and talent development, fostering a pipeline of skilled professionals and entrepreneurs.