Chris Higgins, CFO of OrthoVirginia graciously joined Keiter and Sageview to discuss the ransomware attack on OrthoVirginia this past February.
The discussion took place Thursday, September 30th, 2021 and featured Chris Higgins of OrthoVA, Nichole Labott from Sageview Consulting, and Keiter’s own Chris Moschella.
We would like to thank our friends at Sageview for helping us organize this insightful panel and Chris Higgins for his candidness during the discussion.
Some key takeaways from the discussion were:
- The value of cyber security insurance as a financial backstop and to help orchestrate incident response
- Ransomware has the potential to completely interrupt business operations
- The importance of taking care of employees during a crisis
- Inventive solutions to serve customers in a trying time
- It can take months to recover from a ransomware attack
Contact Keiter’s Cybersecurity team for more information on how to prevent ransomware and how to prioritize your company’s cybersecurity program.
About the Author
The information contained within this article is provided for informational purposes only and is current as of the date published. Online readers are advised not to act upon this information without seeking the service of a professional accountant, as this article is not a substitute for obtaining accounting, tax, or financial advice from a professional accountant.