Net Pen Testing – Columbia (SC)
Businesses in Columbia and across South Carolina have become increasingly aware of the threats that ransomware and cybercriminals pose. The unfortunate reality is that the sophistication, frequency, and severity of the attacks is increasing. As an example, some newer ransomware incidents, the hacker performing the attack will both encrypt data as well as exfiltrate the data and leak it to the dark web if not paid. In other ransomware incidents the attacker will target backup systems and VMWare hypervisors, making restoring from backups much more challenging. The increasing risk calls for continuous review and updating of cybersecurity. A good first step in improving cyber security is to conduct yearly penetration tests.
Penetration Testing Experience – Columbia
Keiter has provided penetration testing services to organizations in Columbia and across South Carolina for over 15 years. Our team has significant experience delivering cybersecurity solutions to companies in a variety of industries. The confluence of technical acumen with years of experience allows us to conduct detailed, high-level testing. The result is a comprehensive report that not only exposes weaknesses and areas of improvement but includes expert insights on the best way to resolve uncovered issues.
A penetration test typically involves the following steps:
- Planning and Reconnaissance: The penetration testing team researches and gathers information about the target system or network, such as IP addresses, open ports, and potential vulnerabilities.
- Scanning: The team uses specialized tools and techniques to scan the target system for vulnerabilities, such as unpatched software or misconfigured systems.
- Enumeration: The team identifies and gathers information about the target system’s configuration, user accounts, and other relevant information.
- Vulnerability Analysis: The team analyzes the vulnerabilities found during the scanning and enumeration phases to determine how they can be exploited.
- Exploitation: The team attempts to exploit the vulnerabilities to gain access to the target system or network.
- Post-Exploitation: If successful, the team may attempt to escalate privileges, move laterally through the network, or gather additional sensitive information.
- Reporting: The penetration testing team provides a detailed report that includes a description of the vulnerabilities found, the risks associated with each vulnerability, and recommendations for remediation.
Map of Columbia (SC)
About Columbia (SC)
Columbia, South Carolina, the state’s capital, stands as a nexus of history, culture, and commerce in the heart of the Palmetto State. Traditionally anchored by government and education, given its status as the capital and the home to the University of South Carolina, Columbia’s business fabric is multifaceted. Over the years, it has cultivated a diversified economy encompassing sectors such as healthcare, finance, manufacturing, and more. The city’s central location, paired with its transportation infrastructure, makes it a logistical sweet spot, drawing in businesses looking for seamless connectivity. In recent years, Columbia has also witnessed a surge in entrepreneurial endeavors, with startups, co-working spaces, and local incubators infusing fresh vigor into the business community. Collaborative events and business initiatives, supported by both public and private sectors, further amplify Columbia’s commitment to fostering growth and innovation. As the city looks forward, its blend of established enterprises and burgeoning new ventures positions it as a vibrant player in the Southeastern U.S. business landscape.