Net Pen Testing – Cincinnati (OH)
Businesses in Cincinnati and across Ohio have become increasingly aware of the threats that ransomware and cybercriminals pose. The unfortunate reality is that the sophistication, frequency, and severity of the attacks is increasing. As an example, some newer ransomware incidents, the hacker performing the attack will both encrypt data as well as exfiltrate the data and leak it to the dark web if not paid. In other ransomware incidents the attacker will target backup systems and VMWare hypervisors, making restoring from backups much more challenging. The increasing risk calls for continuous review and updating of cybersecurity. A good first step in improving cyber security is to conduct yearly penetration tests.
Penetration Testing Experience – Cincinnati
Keiter has provided penetration testing services to organizations in Cincinnati and across Ohio for over 15 years. Our team has significant experience delivering cybersecurity solutions to companies in a variety of industries. The confluence of technical acumen with years of experience allows us to conduct detailed, high-level testing. The result is a comprehensive report that not only exposes weaknesses and areas of improvement but includes expert insights on the best way to resolve uncovered issues.
A penetration test typically involves the following steps:
- Planning and Reconnaissance: The penetration testing team researches and gathers information about the target system or network, such as IP addresses, open ports, and potential vulnerabilities.
- Scanning: The team uses specialized tools and techniques to scan the target system for vulnerabilities, such as unpatched software or misconfigured systems.
- Enumeration: The team identifies and gathers information about the target system’s configuration, user accounts, and other relevant information.
- Vulnerability Analysis: The team analyzes the vulnerabilities found during the scanning and enumeration phases to determine how they can be exploited.
- Exploitation: The team attempts to exploit the vulnerabilities to gain access to the target system or network.
- Post-Exploitation: If successful, the team may attempt to escalate privileges, move laterally through the network, or gather additional sensitive information.
- Reporting: The penetration testing team provides a detailed report that includes a description of the vulnerabilities found, the risks associated with each vulnerability, and recommendations for remediation.
Map of Cincinnati (OH)
About Cincinnati (OH)
Nestled along the banks of the Ohio River, Cincinnati, Ohio, boasts a storied past intertwined with commerce and innovation. Once a pivotal gateway to the American West, Cincinnati flourished in the 19th century as a bustling port and renowned hub for pork processing, leading to its nickname, “Porkopolis.” As the wheels of time turned, the city seamlessly transitioned from its historical roots, establishing itself as a modern center of business and industry. Home to several Fortune 500 companies, including Procter & Gamble, Macy’s, and Fifth Third Bank, Cincinnati’s business landscape spans a multitude of sectors, from consumer goods to finance. The city also fosters a thriving startup ecosystem, nurtured by local universities, accelerators, and incubators. This rich blend of traditional corporations and innovative ventures positions Cincinnati as a dynamic player in the broader American business community.