Net Pen Testing – Des Moines (IA)
Businesses in Des Moines and across Iowa have become increasingly aware of the threats that ransomware and cybercriminals pose. The unfortunate reality is that the sophistication, frequency, and severity of the attacks is increasing. As an example, some newer ransomware incidents, the hacker performing the attack will both encrypt data as well as exfiltrate the data and leak it to the dark web if not paid. In other ransomware incidents the attacker will target backup systems and VMWare hypervisors, making restoring from backups much more challenging. The increasing risk calls for continuous review and updating of cybersecurity. A good first step in improving cyber security is to conduct yearly penetration tests.
Penetration Testing Experience – Des Moines
Keiter has provided penetration testing services to organizations in Des Moines and across Iowa for over 15 years. Our team has significant experience delivering cybersecurity solutions to companies in a variety of industries. The confluence of technical acumen with years of experience allows us to conduct detailed, high-level testing. The result is a comprehensive report that not only exposes weaknesses and areas of improvement but includes expert insights on the best way to resolve uncovered issues.
A penetration test typically involves the following steps:
- Planning and Reconnaissance: The penetration testing team researches and gathers information about the target system or network, such as IP addresses, open ports, and potential vulnerabilities.
- Scanning: The team uses specialized tools and techniques to scan the target system for vulnerabilities, such as unpatched software or misconfigured systems.
- Enumeration: The team identifies and gathers information about the target system’s configuration, user accounts, and other relevant information.
- Vulnerability Analysis: The team analyzes the vulnerabilities found during the scanning and enumeration phases to determine how they can be exploited.
- Exploitation: The team attempts to exploit the vulnerabilities to gain access to the target system or network.
- Post-Exploitation: If successful, the team may attempt to escalate privileges, move laterally through the network, or gather additional sensitive information.
- Reporting: The penetration testing team provides a detailed report that includes a description of the vulnerabilities found, the risks associated with each vulnerability, and recommendations for remediation.
Map of Des Moines (IA)
About Des Moines (IA)
Des Moines has embraced a diverse economy, with thriving industries that include finance, insurance, technology, agriculture, healthcare, and advanced manufacturing. The city’s strong financial sector has earned it the nickname “the insurance capital of the world,” attracting major companies and fueling the growth of related industries.
Entrepreneurship is at the heart of the Des Moines business community. The city embraces a culture of innovation and risk-taking, fostering an environment where startups and small businesses can thrive. Organizations like the Iowa State University Pappajohn Center for Entrepreneurship and the Greater Des Moines Partnership provide resources, mentorship, and networking opportunities, supporting the growth and success of local businesses.
Collaboration and community engagement are deeply ingrained in the Des Moines business community. The city’s close-knit network of businesses, educational institutions, and community organizations work together to create a supportive ecosystem. Regular events, conferences, and meetups provide opportunities for professionals to connect, share knowledge, and forge partnerships.